The Chilili Land Grant was petitioned by Francisco Aragon and others in 1841. The grant was approved by Governor Manuel Armijo for 88,345 acres. The office of the Surveyor General confirmed the grant for 23, 686 acres. Located in Torrance and Bernalillo counties the land grant was converted to an agricultural cooperative in 1943. Many of the original heirs to the grant were excluded from the management of the co-op and the common lands were sold without their consent.