The Town of Alameda grant was petitioned by Francisco Montes Vigil in 1710. It was approved by Governor Jose Chacon Salazar y Villasenor for 106,274 acres. Proceedings before the office of the Surveyor General and the Court of Private Land Claims confirmed the grant for 89,346 acres. According to New Mexico scholar, Gilberto Espinosa, Montes Vigil, sold the grant to Captain Juan Gonzales Baez, for 1,000 cows. This grant is located in Bernalillo and Sandoval counties.